Kashiwa International Office,The University of Tokyo

Tips for technical writing




Family support


Kashiwa International Office (KIO) offers many activities that help their family members to settle in and make new friends. Besides,local governments and volunteer groups also offer several services for international residents to get accustomed to the Japanese society.


1) Supports from KIO
Accompanying family members of international students and researchers are eligible to participate in several Japanese cultural experience events, bazaar events and One-to-One Cultural Exchange Program that hosted by KIO. KIO also provides useful information about everyday life for family members.


2) Supports from Academic Department
Some Japanese classes on campus are open for spouses of international students and foreign researchers. Contact the department for details.

Graduate school of Frontier Sciences : Japanese language courses
Center for Japanese language Education : Japanese language courses


3) Supports from local governments and volunteer groups
Some local governments offer Japanese language educational support, free legal advice and consultation service to international residents. Contact the local government office where you live for more information. Please refer to the following website about the details.

Kashiwa City Hall (Consultation service)

Kashiwa International Relations Association  
Nagareyama International Friendship Association


4) Study Japanese at Private Schools
If you want to study Japanese intensively at a private Japanese language school, the websites below may be useful to find a Japanese school that matches your conditions.

Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education


Updated: September 1st, 2017

to topto top